Rugby Expo Dinner and Awards
The Rugby Expo Dinner & Awards 2014 attracted over 200 representatives from the sport and industry, in appreciation of individual, club and sponsor achievements as well as giving recognition to the unsung heroes of the sport from the grass roots game.
The awards, which are free to enter, celebrated the great and good of the sport – click here for the full list of winners.
All entries were debated by a panel made up of industry experts, including:
- Tony Copsey – Chairman of Rugby Expo Awards and Director, Copsey Consultancy
- John Hockey – Chairman, Rugby Ventures
- Quentin Smith – Chairman, Premiership Rugby
- Sophie Goldschmidt – Commercial director, RFU
- Dan Jones – Lead partner, Sports Business Group, Deloitte
- Steve Martin – CEO, M&C Saatchi
- Charlie McEwen – Commercial director, PRO12 Rugby
- Jon Varney – Partner, Pitch International LLP
- Blake Solly – General manager, Super League
- Nick Chesworth – Senior vice president, IMG Media
- Kevin Roberts – Editorial director, Sport Business Group
- Mark Spoors – Chairman, Association of Rugby Agents (ARA)
- Louisa Cheetham – Senior sponsorship and communications manager, Aviva
- Bob Norster – Director, Engagesport LLP
It was responsibility of the judging panel to decide on a worthy winner in the ‘outstanding contribution to rugby’ category.
2014 Awards categories
Sponsor of the year
Marketing campaign of the year
Technical innovation of the year
Community programme of the year
Rugby event of the year
Rugby venue of the year
Outstanding contribution to rugby
You can stay up to date with plans for Rugby Expo 2015 by registering your details by clicking here.